Parent orientation for the 2020/2021 academic year is for Ingleside parents only. The date is TBD. Please make plans to attend. There will not be a student orientation this year. The following is sample agenda:
- Parents meet tutors, see classrooms, bring supplies for tutorial (not student supplies)
- Large group assembly: Opening remarks
- Review of class schedules: what Ingleside will be covering and what parents should cover at home (schedules are specific to each grade)
- Parents participate in hands on learning activities that can be done at home
- Logistics for the first day and closing remarks
Your time spent during orientation will focus solely on what can be done at home and how. This event is not open to the public as it is centered around Ingleside activities only.
For the past two and a half years, we have offered or tried to offer a monthly gathering for parents to come together, build community, and encourage one another while learning more about Ingleside’s approach to education through Charlotte Mason’s methodology.
We’re changing things up a bit.
Many families find it hard to give another evening or afternoon each month when these events, while good, take away from family time. Instead, we are shifting from a monthly gathering to an informal time at a restaurant or someone’s home one or two times a year. The thought is that the dads have an evening out and then the moms or primary homeschooling parent do the same. Relaxed, fun, and intentional. One or two times during the academic year.
Ingleside families will receive details for these events via email as they are planned.