Ingleside Tutorial, Inc. believes the literal word and authority of the Bible. The methodologies of Charlotte Mason’s academic principles are how we implement this worldview in the classroom. We also ask that families of Ingleside students submit to the Apostles Creed as a basis of theological understanding. If your worldview and/or belief system is different, you will not find us to be a good fit for your family nor your child’s educational needs.
The following is an overview of the admissions process:
1. Ingleside Tutorial follows Charlotte Mason’s principles of education. Therefore, our methods are very different from traditional education. As co-educators with parents, our desire is to encourage one another and be of like mind. Before submitting an application, we ask that parents/guardians watch/read/listen to the following (this is a recommended order for the best understanding):
- ASI video Part 1, Persons or Products? (7:06 minutes) The Ambleside Difference – Ambleside International (amblesideschools.org)
- ASI video Part 3, What are We Drawing Students To? (5:41 minutes) The Ambleside Difference – Ambleside International (amblesideschools.org)
- Read the book, In Vital Harmony by Karen Glass
The New Mason Jar podcasts can be accessed wherever you get your podcasts.
- Listen to New Mason Jar Podcast Episode 3 (interview with Karen Glass regarding her book, In Vital Harmony, 40:44)
- Listen to New Mason Jar Podcast Episode 11 (Q&A, 42:48)
- Listen to New Mason Jar Podcast Episode 4 (interview with Brandy Vercel regarding Mason’s 20 principles, 44:09)
- Listen to New Mason Jar Podcast Episode 7 (interview with Karen Glass regarding narration, writing, critical thinking, 1:00)
- Listen to New Mason Jar Podcast Episode 11 (Q&A, 42:38)
2. Download the application
3. Submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mail the nonrefundable $75 application fee for the first child and $35 for each additional child to the address noted on the application.
4. Based on the application and availability, Ingleside may extend a request for an interview. The interview will be with both parents/guardian. If the applicant is going into 4th grade and above we ask that the student attend the interview as well. During this time, we will discuss your questions, your child’s educational needs, and if partnering with Ingleside Tutorial is the best fit for your family.
5. For families/students still considered for Ingleside after the interview, student assessments will be conducted. Ingleside conducts math and reading assessments at specific times during the month.
Based on the application, interview, and assessments, Ingleside will determine if it can serve the student.
6. Once accepted,
a. A $150 enrollment fee is due and will go towards tuition.
b. Both parents/guardian(s) are required to attend orientation which will be scheduled a week or two prior to the start of the academic year.
6. Tuition is $4,900 annually. Payments are due the first of each month. Families can choose a 12-month or 9-month payment plan or may choose to pay in full.
- Location:The Barn at High Point Farms
263 Parrish Lane
Flintstone GA, 30725
Mailing Address: PO Box 8431
Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37414